Senior golfers are those players who have turned 55 at the time they enter a Seniors Event (except in the case of the NSW Men’s Masters Pennant, where the age is 50).
Golf NSW has recognised senior golf and developed a number of events specifically for Seniors (men and women).
- The premier event is the NSW Seniors Championship, which is over 54 holes and run in March each year for the men and April each year for the women.
- The ACT Seniors Championship (men) is 54 holes over three courses in November [Click Here to go to ACT Monaro DGA website]
- There is a series of events which will constitute the NSW Senior Order of Merit. They will be run by individual clubs, where points are awarded based on the players results. The accumulation of these points determines the players ‘Golf NSW Senior Order of Merit’. The Order of Merit provides a mix of mid-week and weekend events with both Metropolitan and Country Locations. Many register as a Senior Order of Merit entrant to keep abreast of upcoming events and the latest in Senior Golf information as the database of entrants are emailed such information regularly.
Event information can be found at SOOM (in Events).
- Golf Australia also coordinates 17 national events that make up the Australian Senior Order of Merit. More details can be found on www.ausoom.com
- The Masters Pennant, and Super Seniors Pennant are interclub match play events supported by Golf NSW.
There are a number of events where Senior players are selected to represent NSW.
- Men’s and Women’s Australian Seniors Teams Events - run in conjunction with the Australian Senior Championship, where a team of four represent each state and Territory.
- Interstate Senior Teams Challenge (men) – A team of seven from NSW, Victoria and Queensland compete for the ‘Walking Stick trophy’, which is run on a rotational basis in conjunction with the States senior championships.
Further social events can be found by clicking on the Veterans and Masters pages. Click on the respective links in the navigation for information about the Seniors, Veterans and Masters events.